Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My House Smells Like Poop

My house smells like poop, and I can't find where it's coming from. I keep checking the girls' dipes and it's definitely not coming from them, which is unsettling and driving me crazy. I really hope it's just on my t-shirt and not embedded in our carpet somewhere. Upon looking into the kitchen, I realized it could very well be just old food smell, since there's a pile of tupperware full of leftovers sitting in the sink that I pulled out of the fridge early yesterday (two days ago?) and haven't done anything about. We've been sort of trapped in the house since Monday morning due to extreme humidity outside, and I'm in one of those "I'm stuck in my house and am avoiding cleaning it" moods, as opposed to a much preferred "We're constantly on-the-go so I have to quickly clean the house" mood. This may be contributing to the poop smell.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Have you checked you garbage disposal? That is where I usually come to the end of my "phantom house poop" smell search...

Liza said...

unfortunately, I think this particular smell never leaves until ALL the kids are out of diapers...and are well potty trained. I have run out of time to search for the culprit of the stinkiness so I have plugged wallflowers into all the available outlets instead. Good luck!