Friday, July 25, 2008

Garage Sale = Ice Cream

'Tis that time of year again, when I lose my mind entirely and host a garage sale. Which is why I just polished off a bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream -- three moms, three two-year-olds, three babies, one garage sale, and we thought, "It'll be a piece of cake with all of us there." Nope. Long day; I hope it was worth it. (Too... tired... to... count... riches...) We saw Aunt Andrea this evening, staying ironically in a "cottage" Trev built on Walloon Lake, and Berit is on Cloud Nine. Marta has never laughed so much, and is crashed in her crib after all the excitement. Aunt Andrea is definitely my girls' most special person.

Off to bed after paying the bills, because during my garage sale a friendly man came up and handed me a very past-due cable bill, warning me that my TV and Internet would be shut off if I didn't pony up the dough. Whoops! So tonight I scrambled to be sure I paid everything else on time (I did), and went ahead and did next month's bills to make myself feel a little better about today's slip-up. 

No blogging shall happen in the next 24 hours I'm sure, until the garage sale is past-tense and our celebratory barbecue is over. But probably lots more ice cream.

No comments: