Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Mom That I Am

Marta spent the majority of Saturday minorly fussing, and I kept switching the hip on which I was holding her, standing her up, sitting her down, telling her to chill, etc., only to discover at the end of the night that she had a huge splinter in her little foot. This must have happened at the birthday party we went to for one of Berit's buds Saturday morning. What I did not do for her was check her body, clothes and dipe, like all the parenting books tell you to do when your child fusses for no apparent reason.

Another reason I might win Parent of the Year: It's 11:18 p.m., and Berit is still awake. She's in bed, but she's singing, not at all tired, probably because she had donuts after church, cookies on our walk at the neighbor's house, and a purple slush after mini golf today. 

No comments: