Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Full Moon? Full Belly?

As I write this entry, I'm clicking the "video" function on my monitor continuously because something strange happened in Marta's bed-going tonight, and I'm curious as to how it's going to pan out. She went to sleep without nursing. Not nursing to sleep, but not nursing at all. I nursed her a few hours ago -- nothing big, just five or 10 minutes and she was done. Then she was really fussy, like she was hungry, so I put her in her high chair where she gobbled down a quarter of a peach and half a jar of apples/blueberries baby food, and drank a lot of water. Took her into "her" room for bed and started our routine, blankie, rain sounds, nurse -- but no nurse. She wasn't interested. I put her into her crib, thinking, "She'll be out in five minutes, starving." Nope. She's asleep. Berit also went down without any fuss tonight, so I just asked Trevor to make sure our carbon monoxide detectors are working...

1 comment:

Liza said...

I am laughing out loud at your comment about the detectors working. It is so true, when the routine isn't well...routine and something changes we as moms assume something is wrong. Hope all goes well. Your recent pics are precious. Berit is such a little lady. I love that one of her with Trevor. What a doll! Marta is precious too. I just put pics of Christian on my blog bc he too gets left out since he is typically strapped to me in some fashion. You had mentioned in an earlier email that you'd be in GR at the beginning of Aug. I would LOVE to connect then. If we set something up soon, then I will be sure to keep the date open. Although, getting together with 5 children is more chaos than relaxing. You are always welcome to come here. I'm not sure what your plans are. Let me know. Keep up with your blog. It looks so good. I'm still not happy with a few of the details on mine but I am working through the kinks. Take care.