Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Last Night

7 p.m.: Kids asleep
10 p.m.: Lisa in bed
10:15 p.m.: Marta wakes for a feeding
10:30 p.m.: Trevor in bed
10:45 p.m.: Lisa in bed
1:30 a.m.: Marta wakes for a feeding
3:30 a.m.: Lisa wakes Trevor up to hang out with Marta, who has been up since 1:30 a.m. happily awake.
4:30 a.m.: Lisa takes Marta from Trevor and is able to relax her enough to leave her in her bed and hope she falls asleep.
4:31 a.m.: Lisa in bed, Marta possibly falls asleep but no one knows because we are too tired to listen to the monitor.
6 a.m.: Berit wakes. Lisa wakes Trevor up. Trevor goes upstairs to lie with Berit, to convince her to go back to sleep.
6:30 a.m.: Lisa wakes when she notices Trevor is back in bed. "Is Berit asleep?" she asks. "No," he replies. "She's watching TV."
7 a.m.: Marta wakes.

A note about two nights ago...
Marta woke around 2 a.m. for a feeding and I pulled the monitor over to me to watch her with the hope she'd go back to sleep. She did, and I fell asleep with the monitor's screen on, two inches from my face. A couple minutes later I woke up because of the bright light from the screen, and noticed a GIANT STINK BUG on the screen TWO INCHES FROM MY FACE. IN MY BED. Do I even need to write all the possibilities here? In my mouth, hair, crawling all over my body, how long had it lived in my sheets? Trevor woke up and said, "That's weird, those bugs usually only like warm environments." Um, like my ear canal? In that spot at the bottom of the bed where my feet are?

1 comment:

Liza said...

You poor thing! That is why God gave you rest the other day. Hopefully, you are able to nap today! Yikes...about the bug!:(