Monday, May 18, 2009

Snapshot

What we're doing right this minute:

Berit: Watching Dora the Explorer and eating toast on the couch. 

Marta: Trying not to fall asleep on her chair because she's been up since 5:30 a.m.

Mosey: Staring at Berit, eating toast on the couch.

Trevor: Still not at work. Taking his time getting dressed. Took Marta for a half hour this morning to let me sleep.

Me: Still in my robe. Wondering how I might transfer our old mini DV tapes from our camcorder onto the computer when our old video camera is broken. Wishing we could go to our playdate this morning, but they have a new baby and Marta coughed all night. Watching as Berit dumps toast crumbs from her plate onto the couch. Wanting to brush my teeth. Thinking that the above representation of the kids doesn't do much for my reputation as a Good Parent.

Yet Marta is saving the moment for me by yelling out to everyone, "Ove you! Ove you!" On with the day.

No comments: