Monday, December 29, 2008

More Santa Photos and Christmas Memories


Not so impressed with Santa that she stops licking the dessert stuck on her cheek. 

Borrowing a technique from my sister-in-law's blog (and because Trevor keeps asking if I'm going to get ready for bed any time soon, or will I just sit on the computer all night?), here's a list of things I don't want to forget about this Christmas:

1. Since Halloween (roughly the time we started talking up Christmas), Berit has wanted a drum. After Christmas morning when she received a drum at our house from Santa, after Christmas with her Mimi and Grandpa and aunt, uncle and cousins, after Christmas with her Grandma and Pop and aunt and uncles, we came back home and asked her what her favorite gift was: "My drum."

2. Marta told us regularly that Santa said "grunt grunt grunt," or "ho ho ho" in her language.

3. I splurged on velvet dresses with tights and mary janes for both girls this year, and they wore their way too pricey outfits exactly two times: To church, and to be photographed in them. 

4. On Christmas Eve Berit was fighting with Marta. When we told her she needed to stop, she said in a nervous, worried voice, "Is Santa watching???"

5. True to form, Trevor is continuing to refuse to take the tree down, even though its branches are matted down and it basically looks like a dead tree standing in our living room. He also played Christmas music today. Although I did notice our creepy  1 1/2 foot tall Santa that turns back and forth in our entryway holding a candle is missing.

6. This is the year Berit, along with the rest of us, discovered the song "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas." She sang it repeatedly, along with "Jingle Bells," "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas" and "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" constantly in the month before Christmas, for everybody who came to the house, on the phone to my mom daily and on speakerphone to my mom's friends and my grandmother's nursing home.

No comments: