Monday, May 2, 2011

In Case You're Wondering

I was just looking at some photos of a friend's baby's baptism and I couldn't help noticing how nice my friend's wife looked, even though she's recently had a baby. Let me put it out there: I was not in this category. I was a train wreck. I had no idea what to wear, and I believe that on the morning of Berit's baptism I realized this disappointment and ran to WAL-MART to pick up a spring-ish shirt (which ended up being far too risque and plain old ridiculous) to wear with my one pair of black pants. 

If you are a friend, relative or kind stranger reading this, please make a mental note that I am clueless when it comes to fashion, and that you are given permission to pull me aside and tell me to change. In fact, please tell me what to change into. 

Especially on an occasion that will be forever remembered through photos. In particular, an occasion that will be forever remembered through photos of me holding a child, leaning down over a baptismal font. (Note above-mentioned risque shirt.)


No comments: