Friday, February 6, 2009

On the Up and Up

I really, really don't want to jinx things, but no one has gotten sick, and today is Day Five. So I feel like we might be looking at brighter days ahead -- both figuratively and literally, since today is in the high 20s and this weekend is forecasted to be in the 40s!

Marta does have a little sniffly cold, which is weird because we have been NOWHERE all week, but whatever, it's easy-peazy compared to the throw-up scare. 

I'm now faced with a house full of stomach flu supplies, like bedroom floors lined with old towels, miscellaneous bowls and pots wherever the kids sleep and play, and a plain old mess from being cooped up in the same handful of rooms all week. 

I've currently got chicken marinating and the rest of tonight's dinner ingredients set out on the counter, but since Trevor came home from work early and took Berit to the waterpark and dinner, I think I'm just going to have cookies and call it a night. This weekend is full of promise, with a clean house just hours away, the sunshine streaming in, and everyone (for the most part) healthy. Ah, we're back to normal.

No comments: